Giannis Antetokounmpo had a masterful efficiency in Recreation 6 to offer the Milwaukee Bucks their second championship in franchise historical past with a 105-98 win in opposition to the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday.
After the smoke cleared within the NBA Finals, Antetokounmpo positioned his title within the file books a number of occasions en path to profitable 2021 NBA Finals MVP. The Milwaukee Bucks ahead had 50 factors, 14 rebounds and 5 blocks in one of the dominant performances ever seen on the league’s greatest stage.
Giannis Antetokounmpo’s historic NBA Finals efficiency
Within the aftermath of his demolition job of the Suns, Giannis Antetokounmpo elevated his profession and added to his spectacular resume. Via all of it, the Greek Freak remained humble in victory as he had been in defeat in earlier years.
Let’s run down the otherworldly stats behind Giannis Antetokounmpo’s historic efficiency:
1. By scoring 50 factors in Recreation 6, Giannis Antetokounmpo turned the seventh participant in NBA historical past to attain 50 or extra factors within the Finals. He joined all-time greats Bob Pettit, Elgin Baylor, Rick Barry, Jerry West, Michael Jordan and LeBron James.
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo’s 50 factors in Recreation 6 tied him with Bob Petit of the St. Louis Hawks in 1958 for many factors in a closeout recreation within the NBA Finals. Moreover, Antetokounmpo’s complete surpassed Michael Jordan’s 45, which had been the very best factors in an NBA Finals clincher because the NBA/ABA merger.
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo had per-game averages of 35.2 factors whereas capturing 61.8% from the sphere, with 13.2 rebounds and 5.0 assists within the 2021 NBA Finals. He turned the first participant in league annals to common 30+ factors, 10+ rebounds and 5+ assists on 60% capturing or higher.
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo’s 50 factors, 14 rebounds and 5 blocks in Recreation 6 gave him the excellence of being the first participant in league historical past with at the least 40 factors, 10 rebounds, and 5 blocks in an NBA Finals recreation since blocks had been first recorded in 1973-74.
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo scored 33 of his 50 factors within the second half of Recreation 6. In doing so, the Greek Freak joined Michael Jordan as the one gamers to attain 33 factors in an NBA Finals half within the final 50 years.
6. The Elias Sports activities Bureau added that Giannis Antetokounmpo turned the primary participant over the past 40 years to file a number of 30-point halves in a single NBA Finals sequence.
7. On a private notice, Antetokounmpo made 17-of-19 pictures from the free throw line. That’s the very best mark of his playoff profession (minimal 15 free-throw makes an attempt) and the third-best of his NBA profession total.
After making simply 59.1 % within the earlier 5 video games, the two-time MVP made 89.5 % from the charity stripe in Recreation 6.
8. By profitable the Maurice Podoloff Trophy, which matches to the very best participant of the Finals, Giannis Antetokounmpo turned the primary participant in league annals to win Most Improved Participant (2017), Most Invaluable Participant (2019, 2020), Defensive Participant of the 12 months (2020) and NBA Finals MVP (2021).
He additionally turned simply the third participant in NBA historical past together with Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon to win an everyday season MVP, a Finals MVP Award and a Defensive Participant of the 12 months Award.
Furthermore, Antetokounmpo joined Michael Jordan as the one gamers to win common season MVP, All-Star Recreation MVP, Finals MVP and a Defensive Participant of the 12 months Award as effectively.
9. With 20 factors within the third quarter of Recreation 6, Giannis Antetokounmpo turned the primary participant over the past 50 seasons to file a number of 20+ level quarters in an NBA Finals sequence. He additionally scored 20 factors within the third quarter of Recreation 2.
10. Giannis Antetokounmpo joined Shaquille (2000) to grow to be simply the second participant in league annals to submit three video games of 40+ factors and 10+ rebounds in an NBA Finals sequence.
Additionally Learn: 5 Explanation why Milwaukee Bucks received 105-98 in opposition to Phoenix Suns in Recreation 6 of 2021 NBA Finals